The annual bilateral summit of India –Japan held on 28, 29 October 2018 in Japan. The Indian prime minister visited Japan to attend the summit. The partnership between the two countries has been transformed a lot and it has now become as a ‘special strategic and global partnership’.
1. Japan investors will invest around $2.5 US dollars in India.
2. Both countries will cooperate for the first time in the areas of traditional medicinal systems such as Yoga and Ayurveda. This will facilitate a boost in the healthcare in both the countries.
3. The two sides agreed for a 2+2 dialogue between our foreign ministers and defence ministers to further work towards world peace.
4. An India-Japan Business Platform will be established to enhance the development of industrial corridors and industrial network in the region.
5. Japan-India Investment Promotion Roadmap enhanced the contribution of Japan in India’s Make in India initiative with establishment of Business Support Centre in Ahmedabad.
6. Japan will invest more significantly in the up gradation of infrastructure in the Northeast which will also link India to Southeast Asia.