The nominating committee of Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has selected Ajay Data as a new council member of Country Code Supporting Organisation (ccNSO). With this, he becomes first Indian to get selected as a member of ccNSO, which is policy development body of ICANN for ccTLD (country code top-level domains) issues and represents all country code top-level domain operators from around the world. He has been selected for a two-year term and will take up position during ICANN 63 Meet in Spain in October 2018. He will be representing India at the global level and will be also the custodian of Asia, Australia and Pacific Islands as a member of ccNSO.
He is the founder & CEO of Data XGen Plus and global leader in email linguistic services. He is the creator of world’s first email address mobile app and email solution for IDN (Internationalized Domain Names) Domains. He was awarded Graham Bell Award for this innovation. He has been also credited for giving access to World for Internationalized Email Address in 19 languages which is available through DataMail app.
1. Coordination of global Internet’s systems of unique identifiers.
2. Coordination of the Internet Protocol address spaces.
3. Introduction of new generic top-level domains (TLDs).
4. Ensuring stable and secure operation of the internet.
5. DNS policy development for internationalization of the DNS system.