The NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov platform on July 26, 2018, jointly launched the ‘#InnovateIndia Platform’, the collaboration between both the platforms. The #InnovateIndia was launched by R Ramanan, Mission Director of Atal Innovation Mission and Arvind Gupta, CEO of MyGov.
The #InnovateIndia portal will serve as the common point for all the innovation happening across the nation. MyGov-AIM portal creates the much-needed innovations platform for registering both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at a national level. Those searching for a critical innovation can leverage the portal advantageously for the benefit of the economy as well as national social needs.
1. The #InnovateIndia platform is open to all Indian citizens.
2. The users can also view the leaderboard which is calculated based on the votes on each innovation.
3. These innovations can also be shared on various social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter.
4. With the launch of the platform, citizens will be able to upload and rate their and their organization’s innovation on the platform.
5. Citizens can share their, their organizations and even someone else’s innovation on the platform by logging to the MyGov website.
6. The citizens can access the platform on https://innovate.mygov.in/innovateindia/.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is the Union Government’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. AIM envisions the creation of a collaborative ecosystem, where students, teachers, mentors and industry partners work to facilitate innovation, foster scientific temper and an entrepreneurial spirit. So far, AIM has already announced the selection of 2441 schools across India to establish ATLs covering 93 percent of the total districts in India and 98 percent of the upcoming smart cities.
MyGov is a web platform that was created to facilitate citizen engagement in good governance. MyGov enables the citizens especially the youth to volunteer for specific tasks and projects at the grassroots level. The platform is managed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY). It will allow the common people to reach the government with ideas and suggestions.