Indian tennis star Yuki Bhambri on April 16, 2018 broke back into the top-100 of ATP men’s singles ranking for the first time since February 2016. As per the latest ranking, he jumped 22 places to his career-best rank of 83. This is also the best rank that any Indian has achieved in the ATP singles chart since Somdev Devvarman touched a career-high of 62 in July 2011.
1. Bhambri’s sudden jump in rankings follows his title win at the Santaizi ATP Challenger that was held recently in Taipei City, Taiwan.
2. Bhambri’s teammate Ramkumar Ramanathan also jumped 17 places to reach his career-best rank of 116.
3. If the 25-year-old would be able to maintain his top-hundred rank then, it would allow him direct entry into the Grand Slams and the ATP 1000 series Masters event.
4. Leander Paes, who recently became the most successful doubles player in the history of Davis Cup, lost 4 places to be at the 49th rank.
5. In the WTA women’s singles ranking, Ankita Raina improved on her career-best rank by jumping three places to 194 while Karman Kaur Thandi lost a place to 268.
6. In the ATP men’s doubles ranking, India’s Divij Sharan improved his career-best rank by moving up one position to 41.