Top seeds Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova clinched the women’s doubles title in the French Open tennis championships.The United States-Czech pair tamed unseeded Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua 6-2, 6-1 in the final.Without any double faults or unforced errors, the duo of Mattek-Sands and Safarova fared stable to break six times to seal the win in just one hour and six minutes, reports Xinhua news agency. The team of Barty and Dellacqua was the first all-Australian women’s pairing to reach the final of a Grand Slam in 46 years.
Intro Bethanie Mattek-Sands
1. Bethanie Mattek-Sands is a U.S. professional tennis player.
2. At present, she is ranked No. 1 in the women’s doubles rankings.
3. She is an Olympic Gold Medalist in mixed doubles. She has won five Grand Slam titles in women’s doubles and two in mixed doubles.
Intro Lucie Safarova
1. Lucie Safarova is a professional Czech tennis player
2. She has won seven WTA tour singles titles and thirteen doubles titles.
3. She also won the 2015 Australian Open, 2015 French Open, 2016 US Open and 2017 Australian Open women’s doubles titles partnering with Bethanie Mattek-Sands.