A comprehensive training strategy called National Training Workshop of Master Trainers to impart training to trainers engaged in the upcoming 7th Economic Census was held at Indian Habitat Center in the New Delhi. It was organized by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI).
1. To impart training to Master trainers (enumerators and supervisors) engaged in Seventh Economic Census (7th EC).
2. Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI) has partnered with Common Service Centre, CSC e-Governance Services India Limited (CSC SPV), a Special Purpose Vehicle under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) for implementation.
3. An Information Technology (IT) based digital platform for validation, data capture, report generation, and distribution will be used in upcoming Economic Census. The fieldwork for 7th EC will be commencing from June 2019.
4. The participants were trained on key concepts and definitions, processes, digital platform and application to be used for enumeration (supervision and data capture) in the field during the 7th Economic census.
5. It is being conducted by MoSPI to provide disaggregated information (numerical or non-numerical information collected from multiple sources) on various structural and operational aspects of all establishments in the country.
After the National Training Workshop of Master Trainers in New Delhi similar exercise will be undertaken across India. During the month of May and June 2019 over 6000 State and District level training workshops will be organized.
The first Economic Census was undertaken in 1977. The 2nd edition was carried out in 1980 followed by 3rd EC in 1990. The 4th EC took place in 1998 while 5th EC was held in 2005. The Sixth edition of Economic Census was conducted in 2013.