The Union Cabinet Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Korea for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
The objective of MoU:-
1. Expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector.
2. Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators.
3. Increase the exchange of information and data related to tourism.
4. Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators.
5. Establish exchange programmes for cooperation in Human Resources Development (HRD).
6. Encourage Investment in Tourism and Hospitality sectors.
India and South Korea have enjoyed strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. Both countries are now desiring to strengthen and further develop established relationship in the field of tourism. South Korea is one of leading tourist generating markets for India from East Asia region. The signing of this MoU will be instrumental in increasing arrival in India from this source market.