Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is set to begin his seven-day state visit to India on 17th February 2018. Besides Mumbai and Delhi, Trudeau’s stops include Amritsar, Agra and Ahmedabad. In their meeting a couple of days ago, the two NSAs prepared the ground for Trudeau and Prime Minister Narendra Modi to expand the defence and security ties. Trudeau is also expected to participate in several business roundtables to promote further trade and investment between Canada and India.
1. Trudeau, who will be accompanied by his wife and three children, is schedule to visit Taj Mahal on February 18th.
2. On February 19th he will travel to Ahmedabad where he will visit Sabarmati Ashram. He will visit Akshardham temple in Gandhi Nagar and participate at an event at IIM-Ahmedabad.
3. On February 20, he will visit Mumbai where he will hold meetings with top business leaders and meet representatives of Indian Film industry to explore various opportunities in the field of cinema.
4. On February 21, the Canadian PM will travel to Amritsar where he will visit the Golden Temple. He will return to Delhi the same day.
5.Trudeau is scheduled to visit Jama Masjid and a cricket ground here on February 22 besides delivering a lecture at a gathering of Canadian and Indian business leaders.
6. He will hold wide-ranging talks with Prime Minister Modi on February 23.
7. On 24th February he is scheduled to address a conference of young change-makers before wrapping up his visit.