The Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers, Mansukh Mandaviya on October 16, 2018, inaugurated the hi-tech Central Warehouse of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) at Bilaspur, Gurugram. The warehouse, set up by the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI), would facilitate seamless distribution of Jan Aushadhi generic medicines to all PMBJP Kendra functional across the country.
1. Currently, there are more than 4200 PMBJP Kendra functional in 34 states and union territories across India.
2. As a result, over 700 medicines and 154 surgical and consumables are available in the basket for sale. Shortly the basket will be enhanced to 1000 medicines.
3. The central warehouse has been established as per WHO guidelines for ensuring better quality storage and logistics services.
4. Further, a distribution network of one central warehouse, four regional warehouse and 53 distributors spread over different states have been made functional.
5. IT-enabled (SAP based) end-to-end supply chain management system has been implemented.
6. The ‘point of sale’ software application at all the PMBJP Kendra has also been implemented.