Justice Dipak Misra, the Chief Justice of India, on August 23, 2018, launched three applications for the benefit of the litigants and lawyers during an event at the Supreme Court of India. These applications are – e-Filing, e-Pay, and National Service and Tracking of Electronic Processes (NSTEP). These applications have been created under the eCourts project Phase II and developed under the leadership of Justice MB Lokur, Judge-in-charge of eCommittee, Supreme Court.
On the same occasion, the Union Minister of Law and Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad released the brochures to increase awareness about eCourt initiatives and to enable litigants, lawyers and other stakeholders to avail the services of all these initiatives.
Key highlights of e-Pay application:-
1. The ePay application is available at pay.ecourts.gov.in.
2. The platform is user-friendly which can be used with very little self-help.
3. It is a unified portal wherein facility to pay online court fees is provided.
4. At present, the facility will be made operational in two states – Maharashtra and Haryana.
5. ePayment is a safe and secure, quick and easy way to pay court fees.
6. The OTP authentication provides a secure way to financial transactions and one can get instant acknowledgement through SMS and print receipt.
NSTEP is another innovative application launched as part of the eCourts Project. It is a transparent and secure system for the transmission of the process from one location to another and will address delays in the process. NSTEP will lead to the secured auto-generation of processes with unique QR Code through CIS, publishing processes on portal and transmission of processes to other court complexes.