Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu and Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha on November 19, 2018 launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app in New Delhi. Speaking on the occasion, the Civil Aviation Minister said that a need was felt for development of an upgraded version of AirSewa to provide a superior user experience with enhanced functionalities.
1. The major improvements in the upgraded version of the web portal include features such as secure sign-up and log-in with social media, chatbot for travellers support, improved grievance management including social media grievances.
2. It will allow flyers to register their complaints through social media using the hashtag ‘AirSewa’.
3. It will provide all the required information about flights operating from various airports across the country including real-time flight status and details of flight schedule.
4. It will provide all services and facilities including assistance to the disabled or unaccompanied minor that are available at the airports in India.
5. The upgraded version of AirSewa operates through an interactive web portal as well as through a mobile app for both Android and iOS platforms and will offer passengers a convenient and hassle-free air travel experience.
6. The web portal and application will also help capture air travellers’ feedback for policy interventions.