India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted the test of indigenously developed Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle. HSTDV from launch pad number-4 of Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha Coast.
1. It is an unmanned scramjet demonstration aircraft.
2. It is designed to cruise at Mach 6 speed with scramjet engine.
3. DRDO – HSTDV project idea at the performance of a scram-jet engine
4. Altitude with a range of 15 km to 20 km.
5. HSTDV is dual-use technology thus with a scramjet engine.
6. HSTDV can cruise at Mach 6 speed and can have multiple civilian applications.
7. The HSDTV supposed to fire and fly on its own after being carried to an altitude of around 30-40 km by solid rocket motor of an Agni-I ballistic missile.