The Election Commission of India (ECI) on October 6, 2018 announced the schedule for the elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram and Telangana. The terms of the Legislative Assemblies of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Mizoram are due to expire, however, the Telangana Government vide his order dated September 6, 2018 dissolved the Telangana Legislative Assembly with immediate effect.
1. The Model Code of Conduct came into effect immediately from October 6, 2018 onwards in these five assemblies.
2. All the provisions of the Model Code will be applicable to all candidates, political parties and the State Government of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram and Telangana.
3. The Model Code of Conduct will also be applicable to the Union Government in the areas concerning announcements and policy decisions pertaining to these States.
4. Any violations of Model Code of Conduct Guidelines would be strictly dealt with.
5. The government of the poll-bound States has also been directed to ensure that no misuse of official machinery or position shall be done during the MCC period.