The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on 12 March 2019 midnight ordered to ground the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft fleet in India with immediate effect following the Ethiopian Airlines crash.
Taking passenger safety as its top priority, India is constantly consulting the regulators around the world, airlines, and aircraft manufacturers to ensure passenger safety.
The Boeing 737 Max 8 fleet will be grounded until appropriate modifications and safety measures are undertaken to ensure their safe operations. India-based operator, Spice Jet has around 12 Boeing 737 Max 8′ planes in its fleet, while Jet Airways has five in the country.
1. The Boeing 737 MAX family was designed to provide passengers with comfortable flying experience and more direct routes to their favorite destinations.
2. The Boeing 737 MAX is an American narrow-body aircraft series designed and produced by Boeing Commercial Airplanes as the fourth generation of the Boeing 737, succeeding the Boeing 737 Next Generation (NG).
3. The technological advances and its powerful LEAP-1B engines redefined the future of efficient and environmentally friendly air travel.
4. The unmatched reliability of the MAX assured that more 737 flights depart on time with fewer delays.
5. The Boeing 737 MAX is the fastest selling fleet of Boeing that accumulated over 4500 orders from more than 100 customers across the world.