Famous classical singer Pandit Arun Bhaduri passed away on 17th December 2018 at the age of 75, after a prolonged illness. He is survived by his wife and son.
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee expressed grief over the sudden death of Pandit Bhaduri. She conveyed her condolences to the family members, friends and followers of Pandit Arun Bhaduri.
1. He was a Hindustani Classical Music and Semi-Classical Music Vocalist, initially tutored by Mohammed A. Daud Khan.
2. Pandit Arun Bhaduri was born on 7th October 1943 in Murshidabad, West Bengal.
3. He also used to sing Bengali songs and Bhajans.
4. Pandit Arun Bhaduri was an exponent on Kirana and Rampur Gharana.
5. He had served as a guru teacher at the ITC Sangeet Research Academy.
6. In 2014, he was awarded Banga Bibhushan Samman. He also won many other awards.