Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Arjun Ram Meghwal on September 24, 2018 inaugurated the two-day National Orientation workshop on National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA).
On the same occasion, Meghwal also launched the new website of the NeVA and administered the Swachhata Pledge to over 200 delelgates, which included senior officers from Secretariats of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, 31 Legislative Assemblies and 7 Legislative Councils.
1. NeVA is a member-centric, decentralised digital application that makes information available on digital platform about day to day functioning of Legislative Houses covering.
2. NeVA, a Rs 739 Crore project, aims to bring legislatures on digital platform, covering all Houses.
3. It is to be used by the Legislatures as well as all the Government Departments.
4. Information provided on the platform:-
– List of Business (LOB)
– Starred/ Unstarred Questions including reply by the Departments (Q&A)
– Bills: Introduced/ Consideration & Passing
– Synopsis of Proceedings
– House Proceedings-Verbatim
– Committees Reports
– Rules & Procedures
– Digital Library
– Provisional Calendar
– Reference material
– Rotation of Ministries
– Press Releases
5. It will increase transparency, accountability; and decrease the scope of corruption in the functioning of House.
6. The application would host a secure page for each Member of the House for submitting Questions & other Notices.