The Union Minister of Home Affairs, Rajnath Singh on June 1, 2018 launched an Online Analytical Tool to facilitate closer monitoring of the flow and utilisation of foreign contributions received by various organisations registered or permitted under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010.
1. The tool comprises analytical features to conduct big data mining and data exploration.
2. Approximately, 25,000 active organisations are registered under the FCRA, 2010 and foreign contributions worth Rs 18065 crores were received by such organisations from foreign donors for various social, cultural, economic, educational and religious activities during the financial year 2016-17.
3. Each FCRA-NGO conducts multiple financial transactions in receiving and spending the foreign contribution.
4. Its dashboard will be integrated with the bank accounts of the FCRA-registered entities through the Public Financial Management System for updation of transactional data on a real-time basis0.
5. The tool will effectively monitor thousands of such transactions annually thus, helping the stakeholders in the government to better regulate acceptance and utilisation of foreign contributions.