President Ram Nath Kovind will embark on the three-nation official tour to Greece, Suriname, and Cuba from 16 to 22 June 2018. Greece will be the first leg of the visit followed by Suriname and Cuba. President will be accompanied by the large delegation including Minister of State for Steel Vishnu Deo Sai.
Key Highlights of Greece:-
1. President Kovind will meet Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos during his visit.
2. He will also meet his Greek counterpart Alexis Tsipras and Leader of Opposition.
3. He is scheduled to visit places of historical and archaeological importance and address the Indian diaspora.
4. He will also visit Monument of Unknown Soldiers and lay a wreath there.
Key Highlights of Suriname:-
1. President Kovind will hold discussions with President Desire Delano Bouterse followed by official-level talks.
2. Besides, the number of agreements and MoUs in the areas of health and medicine, elections, IT, Ayurveda are scheduled to be signed.
3. India will offer Line of Credit (LoC) of $54.5 million to Suriname for solar-related projects.
4. Suriname is a founding member of the International Solar Alliance.
Key Highlights of Cuba:-
1. President will hold a wide range of discussions with Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez.
2. Besides, a number of agreements and MoUs in areas of biotechnology, research and education in homeopathic medicine, a traditional system of medicine and medicinal plants will be signed between both countries during the visit.