The state government of Gujarat on June 21, 2018 announced its wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018 to promote setting up of wind as well as solar power projects at one location.
1. The ‘Wind-Solar Hybrid Power Policy-2018′ will remain in force for five years.
2. The policy would enable the developer of an existing solar project to use the same land for setting up wind and solar power units.
3. The benefits of the new policy will be applicable for a period of 25 years or till the life of the project, whichever is earlier.
4. It will provide encouragement to renewable power producers supplying to the grid as well as to those having captive use.
5. The policy would also provide 50 per cent concession for cross-subsidy surcharge and additional surcharge when the generated energy is sold to a third party.
6. A power project could also be set up on a land being used for wind farms.
7. The electricity generated from wind-solar hybrid projects will be exempted from energy charges.
8. For the captive users, the hybrid projects will have complete waiver on cross-subsidy surcharge and additional surcharge. The projects will also qualify for 50 per cent relaxation in wheeling charges and distribution loss.