The first edition of the Global Wind Summit will be hosted by Germany from September 25-28, 2018 at Hamburg. The Global Wind Summit 2018 will be the biggest meeting point for business, networking and information for the whole of the wind industry – onshore and offshore. WindEurope, in partnership with Wind Energy Hamburg, will host the Global Wind Summit 2018 in the Hamburg Messe.
1. The summit combines two conferences ‘WindEnergy Hamburg’ and ‘WindEurope’.
2. Over 1400 exhibitors will gather for WindEnergy Hamburg, the world’s leading wind energy expo, with an aim to network, do business and maximise visibility before a truly global audience.
3. The event will witness participation from over 100 countries including India, China, the US, Spain and Denmark.
4. It will provide a platform for experts from across the globe to discuss innovative and green technologies for harnessing wind energy making.
5. Over 50 conference sessions by 250 experts of WindEurope will put attendees at the forefront of every aspect of the wind industry in 2018.
A number of Indian companies would be participating in the global event. India is fourth largest country in terms of wind energy installation capacity at around 33 GW after China, the US and Germany. Indian government has set a target of achieving 60 GW by 2022. As per Steve Sawyer, Secretary General, Global World Energy Council, ‘India is a huge market for wind energy sector. Today many companies are eyeing India’.