The much-awaited ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is scheduled to begin on 30 May 2019. Virat Kohli-led India, one of the title favorites, will be facing New Zealand in its first warm-up match today at the Oval, London. In total, India will play two warm-up matches before officially entering the world cup. The second one would be against Bangladesh on May 28.
1. The key players for India will be Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Jasprit Bumrah.
2. Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma are likely to open the match followed by Kohli at number 3 and Vijay Shankar, MS Dhoni and Kedar Jadhav as the middle-order batsmen.
3. Besides them, Team India has two all-rounders Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja and Jasprit Bumrah and Mohamed Shami as frontline bowlers.
4. All eyes will also be on Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal.
1. The key players for New Zealand will be skipper Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, and Trent Boult.
2. Kane Williamson is expected to lend the batting power to the Kiwi’s side along with Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor.
3. On the other hand, Trent Boult and Tim Southee will have the responsibility of the ball.
4. Since it is a warm-up match, both the sides will be able to use their full 15-member squad.
Indian Squad: Virat Kohli (capt), Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shikhar Dhawan, MS Dhoni (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Rohit Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav
New Zealand Squad: Kane Williamson (capt), Tom Blundell (wk), Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham (wk), Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor.
Teams: India vs New Zealand
Venue: The Oval in Kennington, England
Time: 3:00 PM IST
Date: May 25 (Saturday)