The Indian Embassy in Nepal has announced 200 scholarships to meritorious Nepali students for continuing various undergraduate courses at colleges and universities. The scholarships were granted under the Golden Jubilee Scholarship scheme.
1. Golden Jubilee Scholarship scheme was initiated by the Indian Embassy in Nepal to mark the completion of 50 years of India-Nepal Economic Cooperation.
2. This year the scholarship programme covered 36 undergraduate courses including MBBS, BDS, BE, BSc, and BBA. The recipients of the scholarships represent 50 districts of Nepal.
3. Under the scheme, an MBBS/BDS student receives NRs. 4,000/- per month for five years, a BE student receives NRs. 4,000/- per month for four years and a student studying in other under-graduate courses receives NRs. 3,000/- per month for three years.
4. Initially started by providing scholarships to 50 students, the scholarship scheme has grown over the years.
5. Those provided scholarship included 45 percent of girls and 8 percent, differently-abled students.
6. The students hail from 50 districts of Nepal.
The scholarship is scheme is part of the government’s effort to support human resource development along with the overall socio-economic development of Nepal and its people.