India and Morocco on 18 February 2019 signed four MoUs following the delegation-level talks between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Moroccan counterpart Nasser Bourita in Rabat.
The agreements include setting up of a joint working group on counter-terrorism, cooperation in housing and human settlement, reciprocal facilitation of procedures for issue of business visa and cooperation in youth matters.
The Indian External Affairs Minister and her Moroccan counterpart discussed ways to enhance bilateral cooperation in a number of areas, including defense and security, counter-terrorism and trade and investment.
1. The Indian External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj is currently on a 4-day three-nation tour to Bulgaria, Morocco and Spain from February 16-19, 2019, as a part of India’s efforts to strengthen ties with these countries and expand avenues of cooperation.
2. In the last leg of her visit, EAM will travel to Spain on February 18-19, 2019 at the invitation of her counterpart, Josep Borrell Fontelles, Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs, the European Union and Cooperation.
3. In the second leg of her tour, EAM visited the Kingdom of Morocco from February 17-18, 2019. The visit was in pursuit of India’s objective of enhanced engagement with the Kingdom and aimed to provide an opportunity to hold in-depth discussions on bilateral, regional and global issues.
4. During her visit, the External Affairs Minister will hold a bilateral meeting with her counterpart to discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual concern.
5. The Spanish Government will also confer upon the Minister the prestigious Grand Cross of the Order of Civil Merit by the Spanish Government for India´s swift response through Operation Maitri in rescuing 71 Spanish nationals from Nepal in April 2015 in the wake of the disastrous earthquake.