An agreement for IBRD Credit of USD 39.2 Million from World Bank for the project Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery was signed here 07 June 2017. Loan agreement was signed by Shri Raj Kumar, Joint Secretary (MI), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Manager, Operations (India) on behalf of the World Bank. The Implementing Entity Agreement was signed by the Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Assam, on behalf of Government of Assam, and the Country Director (India) on behalf of the World Bank.
1. The total Project worth is USD 49 million where 39.2 will be financed by the World Bank and the remainder will be funded out of Assam State Budget
2. The programme duration is 5 years.
3. The objective of the project is to improve access in the delivery of selected public services in Assam
4. The Project seeks to enable citizens to access services under the RTPS Act in a timely, efficient, and accountable manner. The Project adopts an integrated approach to improve access and accountability
5. The loan will be provided by the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).