India and South Korea signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) for strengthening cooperation in field of Tourism and sports during the visit of Kim Jung-sook, the First Lady of the Republic of Korea, to India. First Lady Kim was the Chief Guest at the Deepotsav event organised by Uttar Pradesh and at the ceremony of the new Memorial of Queen Suriratna (Heo Hwang-ok) in Ayodhya.
The Union Ministry of Tourism signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of South Korea for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism. Union Tourism Minister KJ Alphons and Do Jong-hwan, South Korean Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sports signed the MoU.
1. Expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector.
2. Increase exchange of information and data related to tourism.
3. Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators.
4. Establish exchange programmes for cooperation in human resources development.
5. Encourage investment in the tourism and hospitality sectors.
6. Exchange visits of tour operators and media for promotion of two way tourism.
Another MoU was signed between the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism on sports cooperation. The MoU was signed by Minister of State of Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Rathore and the Korean Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Do Jong-hwan.