India Post has started internet facility of the customers of Post office savings bank account. The facility was launched by Union Minister for Communication (independent charge) Manoj Sinha at National Media Centre, New Delhi. A revamped version of Indian Post website and e-commerce portal for rural artisans have also launched an event.
India Post a central postal system was founded on 1 April 1854. It works under the Ministry of Communication of the Government of India. The postal system of India is one of the widely distributed networks in the world. India is divided into 23 postal circles headed by Chief Postmaster. Indian Post providing its services in Philately, Army Postal Service, Electronic Indian Postal Order, Postal Life Insurance, Postal Savings, Banking, Data collection, e-commerce, and Railways. Postage stamps are PIN codes are used to identify the location for a post.
1. E-Commerce portal provide an online market to rural artisans and Public Sector Units where they can sell their products.
2. The online market provides return policy to the customers.
3. Customers can transfer funds online from one Post office Saving Bank Account to other.
4. Speed post service will deliver the products to the destination.
5. Indian Post Service provide a vast network for delivery of products over 1.5 lakh places.
6. The Department of Post provides registration of sellers free of cost for the first six months.