RCTC has launched Book now, Pay later Schema allowing passengers book tatkal ticket and make payment later. This new payment option Pay on Delivery (PoD). Under this new scheme IRCTC travellers who book their tickets online can receive their confirmed Tatkal ticket at their door steps.The amount can be paid later for the tickets booked under the tatkal quota on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) website, the government announced on 02 August 2017.
Till now, this service was available only for general reservations. For tatkal bookings, people had to pay first via the standard online payment gateways such as credit card, debit card before the IRCTC portal confirmed their ticket.
But Due to some technical glitches The payment process extended the time taken to book the ticket considering the rush for the limited seats under tatkal, and made it difficult to secure a confirmed ticket. Sometimes money gets debited, whereas, your ticket is not issued. The debited amount takes at least 7-15 days for the refund.Majority of the tickets under Tatkal quota get booked within minutes.The new feature removes the transaction failures.
Steps by Step Process to Avail IRCTC Pay-on-Delivery Option:
1. The Passengers should register in irctc.payondelivery.co.in first
2. They need enter either Aadhaar or PAN card details at the time of registration.
3. The passenger should choose Pay-on-Delivery option while booking the ticket at IRCTC portal.
4. The Digital delivery happens via SMS/e-mail
5. Collection of the amount will be done within 24 hours.