Prayagraj Kumbh Mela 2019 concluded on 04 March 2019 with the sixth and final “Shahi Snan” (royal bath) held on the occasion of Mahashivratri. The world’s largest religious and cultural human congregation, ‘Kumbh 2019’ began at Prayagraj (erstwhile Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh on 15 January 2019.
The single bathing festival of Mahashivratri is among the six main bathing festivals of the Kumbh. The other 5 bathing festivals of the Kumbh concluded successfully with more than 22 crore pilgrims taking a holy dip. This 7-week event began with the holy dip at Sangam, the confluence of three rivers – Ganga, Yamuna, and mythical Saraswati. The first bathing was taken by saints and seers of different Akharas.
1. According to the UP Government, over 12 crores devotees and tourists visited Prayagraj during the Kumbh.
2. Special arrangements were made for women devotees and for the first time three women police units were pressed into service.
3. The Kumbh 2019 is spread over an area of 3,200 hectares of land. It is nearly 700 hectares more than the area utilized during the 2013 Maha Kumbh.
4. The whole Kumbh area was divided into 20 sectors and 9 zones for keen vigil by sector and zonal magistrates.
5. Over 120000 toilets were erected for making Clean Kumbh.
6. 21 Snan Ghats were set up for bathing.
7. Forty police stations, 58 police outposts including three women police station were erected where more than 20 thousand security personnel were deployed.
8. Traffic management at Kumbh 2019 was planned to ensure smooth coordination of traffic movement on multiple channels and was integrated with google maps as well before the Mela.