The Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM), under the Union Ministry of Rural Development signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Lady Irwin College for establishing ROSHNI – Centre of Women Collectives led Social Action.
ROSHNI is technically and financially supported by UNICEF India that also serves as a technical support unit at a national level for DAY-NRLM and is embedded in the Department of Development Communication and Extension, Lady Irwin College, New Delhi.
1. Though India has made significant strides in improving maternal survival, many challenges still persist for women to achieve their development and economic potential.
2. Almost one in 10 girls marry too young, every fifth woman of reproductive age group is undernourished and every second woman is anaemic.
3. model that brings the much-needed focus on women’s nutrition and that demonstrates layering of of Food, Health, Nutrition and WASH (FHNW) interventions on DAY-NRLM platforms is Swabhimaan.
4. Swabhimaan makes the last mile delivery of FHNW interventions, which has been considered a voluntary function for field mobilisers for too long.
5. Launched in 2016, Swabhimaan is a collaborative initiative of DAY- NRLM and UNICEF India in five poorest DAY-NRLM resource blocks in four districts of three Indian states Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.