The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs on August 9, 2018, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH. The MoU aims to promote Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) forest produce for livelihood development of tribal people through the promotion of primary level value addition to MAPs produce from forest area at the grassroots level.
1. To identify potential Medicinal plant species of the tribal areas.
2. Support skill up-gradation and capacity building
3. To support training and awareness program on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) & Good Field Collection Practices (GFCP).
4. Facilitate standardising norms for MAPs, render assistance for establishing of research and testing centre
5. Facilitate financial assistance for plantations and nursery development for MAPs through the Van Dhan Vikas Kendra self-help groups (SHGs).
Establishment of the ‘Van-Dhan Vikas Kendra’ specifically for Medicinal plants & its products for skill up-gradation and capacity building. Creation of Van Dhan SHGs clusters under the Van Dhan Vikas Kendra that would undertake primary value addition of the Mega Food Parks (MFPs) based on MFPs available in the area. To establish herbal gardens to develop and promote the use of commonly available and frequently used Medicinal Plants through SHGs involved in Van Dhan Vikas Kendra. Provision of working capital for the SHGs through tie up with financial institutions and other organizations