The Madhya Pradesh state government on July 3, 2018, launched an outstanding power bill waiver scheme and subsidized power scheme called ‘Sambal’ for laborers and poor families. Under Sambal Yojana, the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families would be provided electricity at a cost of Rs 200 per month.
The main objective of the scheme is to make sure that all the households have power facility in the state.
1. Under the subsidized power segment of the scheme, the registered laborers of the unorganized sector and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families would be provided with electricity at Rs 200 per month.
2. In case the bill is lower than Rs 200, the beneficiaries will have to pay the actual bill amount and if the bill amount is crossing Rs 200 then, the difference amount would be subsidized by the state government.
3. Power connection would be provided free of cost to all the beneficiaries.
4. The scheme is expected to benefit 88 lakh families in the state.
5. Pending dues of registered laborers of the unorganized sector and poor families would be waived off completely under the scheme.