The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways will be launching the 30th National Road Safety Week on 04th February 2019 with a host of initiatives planned for generating awareness and sensitizing people about safe road usage.
1. The places include Sabarmati, Porbandar, Dandi, Yerwada, Sewagram, Jabalpur, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Chauri Chaura, Champaran, Shantiniketan and Kolkata in India and Dhaka in Bangladesh.
2. The motor car rally will travel through places historically associated with Gandhi, both in India, as well as in Bangladesh and Myanmar, taking up advocacy on Road Safety concerns along the route.
3. It is a part of the year-long celebrations to commemorate the 150th year of Mahatma Gandhi in India and across the globe, initiated by the union government on October 2, 2018.
4. The Society of Indian Automobile Industry will also declare 2019 as the Year of Road Safety on the occasion, to underline its commitment and support for promoting safety on Indian roads.
5. The motor car rally will travel through places historically associated with Gandhi, both in India, as well as in Bangladesh and Myanmar, taking up advocacy on Road Safety concerns along the route.
6. The occasion will also see initiatives being taken to involve people in promoting the cause of road safety.
7. Besides this, the road safety week would also witness the launch of Dash Board for Road Accident Data of India and its states.
Besides this, various other programmes will be held including seminars and workshops on emerging trends in safety, road safety engineering, motor vehicle insurance, emergency care (protection of good Samaritan and first responder training), the role of youth and industry and corporate conclave on the role of corporate in road safety.