The government has approved setting up of a new company under the Department of Space to commercially exploit the research and development work carried out by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Centers and constituent units of DOS.
1. Small satellite technology transfer to industry. The new company shall take a license from DoS/ISRO and sub-license to industries.
2. Manufacture of the small satellite launch vehicle (SLV) in collaboration with the Private Sector.
3. Marketing of some spin-off technologies and products, both in India and abroad.
4. Transfer of Technology developed by ISRO Centers and constituent units of DoS.
5. Any other subject which Government of India deems fit.
Recently ISRO agreed to transfer technology on Lithium-Ion cell Batteries. Constituting a new company together with providing revenues will give a boost to the Make in India campaign.