Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep S Puri on 14 February 2019 launched the PMAY (U) mobile application in New Delhi.
A one-minute film showcasing the impact of PMAY (U) in the lives of beneficiaries was also released on the occasion. Speaking during the launch, the Minister emphasized that the mission intends to create a closer interface with its beneficiaries.
1. The selected beneficiaries from the states and union territories would be awarded and invited as special guests for the anniversary celebration of PMAY (U).
2. The mobile app will allow beneficiaries of PMAY (U) to capture and upload high-resolution photographs and videos of completed houses along with their families.
3. The application will also allow the beneficiaries to upload selfies with their house and a 30 – 60 seconds video clip where they would share stories of owning a house under PMAY (U).
4. The selected beneficiaries from the states and union territories would be awarded and invited as special guests for the anniversary celebration of PMAY (U).
5. These stories would be an emotional recount of experiences such as increased self-esteem, sense of pride and dignity, improved social status, safety and security for the family, protected environment for the girl child and children’s education among others.