NITI Aayog and ABB India signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) on May 23, 2018 to support the Indian government realise its vision of ‘Make in India’ through advanced manufacturing technologies that incorporate the latest developments in robotics and artificial intelligence. Through the agreement, NITI Aayog will work with ABB across various sectors of the economy such as power and water utilities, food and heavy industry, transport including rail and metro and infrastructure to suggest solutions for digitalisation, incorporating the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies. The initiative also covers the fast-growing segment of electric mobility.
1. The training programs are expected to feature subject matter experts and will aim to sensitise policymakers and officials about relevant AI capabilities and explore ways they can be used for revolutionising manufacturing productivity.
2. Jointly, NITI Aayog and ABB will work with government ministries, seek feedback for areas critical to them and discuss solutions using industrial automation and digitalisation technologies.
3. The first workshop under this collaboration would be organised for senior government officials in June, 2018 at ABB Ability Innovation Centre in Bengaluru.
4. Similar workshops will be organised in the future for other sectors as well including power, urban development and transport.
5. The collaboration will include a cross-sectoral understanding of digitalisation at ABB’s world-class centers.