NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar, along with CEO Amitabh Kant, on August 30, 2018, unveiled a series of events to take place during the ‘Mobility Week’ from August 31 to September 6, 2018. These events will be organised in the run-up to ‘MOVE: The Global Mobility Summit 2018’ that will be held on September 7-8, 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The Summit will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
1. ‘Mobility Week’ will see 17 events in 7 days. These events will facilitate interactions with various stakeholders across the mobility domain.
2. Events during the week will see the participation of diverse groups such as start-ups, academicians, corporations, policy analysts, NGOs, civil society, and the government. The events will address disruptive changes in the mobility space.
3. Fireside chats, academic conferences, policy roundtables, and thematic workshops will be held to help unite ideas, refine opinions and set the right contexts for more meaningful dialogues to take place at The Global Mobility Summit 2018.
4. A workshop will be organised by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) to deliberate on facets of public transport, shared mobility and last mile connectivity.
5. A Seminar will be organised by Indian Railways, in partnership with NITI Aayog, on ‘E-Mobility in Indian Railways’ to bring project developers and other stakeholders on a common platform.
6. As a run-up to the summit, NITI Aayog will be organising a cycle rally on September 2, 2018 to promote cycling and raise awareness about its role in mobility.