NITI Aayog in partnership with Perlin, a Singapore-based AI startup, has launched ‘AI 4 All Global Hackathon’ to further expand the idea of ‘Artificial Intelligence, AI for All’ articulated in the National AI Strategy.
The challenge seeks to develop solutions in distributed computing and privacy preserving techniques, such as multi-party computation, in artificial intelligence. It invites developers, students, start-ups and companies to develop AI applications to make significant positive social and economic impact for India.
1. The Hackathon was announced at the AI conference organised by NITI Aayog, in partnership with the ORF, held in Mumbai in November 2018.
2. It will be run two stages with the stage one ending on January 15, 2019, and stage two, which will only include shortlisted participants from the previous stage, will conclude on March 15, 2019
3. The first stage will invite ideas for use cases of multi-party computation in areas such as healthcare, education, agriculture, urbanisation and financial inclusion.
4. The second stage will call for these ideas to be matured and developed, with a focus on privacy-preserving AI and distributed computing.
5. The winners will share in a prize pool worth USD $50,000 in both cash and non-cash rewards.
6. The participants will also get mentorship and support from the hackathon co-sponsors, including the opportunity to scale and implement their AI applications.