Niti Aayog has announced that it would be setting up women’s cell to help women entrepreneurs. The announcement was made by Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant along with Telangana IT Minister K Taraka Ramarao during the conclusion of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Hyderabad on 30 November 2017. Speaking on the occasion, Kant said that the centre will extend support to women start-ups and entrepreneurs.
The Telangana State government has announced setting up of a separate We-Hub, Women Entrepreneurs Hub, to encourage their startups on the lines of T-Hub, which is the country’s largest technology incubator. The Atal Innovation Mission would partner with the state government for the WE-Hub.
1. Atal Tinkering labs will be specially setup at schools that women own to promote innovation and instil entrepreneurship among women at early stage under the Atal Innovation Mission.
2. It will act as a catalyst and facilitator for women start-ups that are viable and bankable.
3. The selected schools will be provided with robots and 3D printers.
4. The cell will be handholding women entrepreneurs on matters such as financing and intellectual properties.
5. It will also closely work with the Telangana State Government’s T-hub.