NITI Aayog would be launching a special cell called Women Entrepreneurial and Innovation Cell next month to support women entrepreneurs and give a boost to their initiatives. The move follows the successful conclusion of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), which was co-hosted by India and the United States in Hyderabad in November 2017. The summit saw in attendance Ivanka Trump, daughter and advisor of the President of the United States, Donald Trump. The dedicated women cell will handhold and facilitate promotion of women entrepreneurs in India.
1. It will be headed by Niti Aayog advisor Anna Roy.
2. It will offer women financial support through the Rs 10,000 crore fund of Micro Unit Development and Refinance Agency, or MUDRA micro-loan scheme.
3. In Washington, the delegation met officials at the State Department and Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), in addition to interacting with members of the US Chambers of Commerce.
4. The special cell will act as a facilitator and catalyst to provide all help including legal and intellectual property help.
5. The incubator under Atal Innovation Mission will also support start-ups set up by women or designed for women.
6. The women entrepreneurs would be able to get Rs 25 lakh to Rs 1 crore under this fund.
7. More than two dozen Indian women entrepreneurs are in the US on a business trip.