The Parmanu Tech conference was organized by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE). The keynote address at the ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’ conference was delivered by Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Atomic Energy and Space.
1. India has achieved a unique place in the international community for progress in space technology as well as nuclear energy.
2. India has covered a long journey since the inception of Atomic Energy programme by Dr. Homi Bhabha based on the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
3. Most of the societal applications of nuclear energy are not much known to the people.
4. Nuclear energy will be a big and cost-effective source of energy in the future when other sources of power are gradually depleting.
5. Focused efforts are required to create awareness about the benefits of nuclear energy and to allay the fears about radiation and its harms.
Showcasing India’s capabilities in Nuclear Energy: Energy Security with environmental responsibility – the Onward March. The Parmanu Tech conference is aimed at showcasing the societal applications that the Department of Atomic Energy is pursuing.