Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the Palace Queen Humsafar Express train at the Mysuru railway station on 19th February 2018. The train will run from Mysuru to Udaipur in Rajasthan. The Prime Minister also dedicated a 140-km long fully electrified railway line from Mysuru to KSR Bengaluru to help the Indian Railways in achieving energy-efficient transport. The electrification of the railway line between Mysuru and KSR Bengaluru will cover four major districts in Karnataka, namely: Bengaluru, Ramanagaram, Mandya and Mysuru. The Rs 220 crore worth project will benefit around 25,000 passengers daily including 6000 commuters.
1. This train will provide a unique travel experience to the people on board as it will have state-of-the-art passenger facilities, including the GPS, controlled LED display in coaches for alerting passengers on train’s speed, stoppages and other information.
2. Fourteen halts, 347 intermediate Stations between Mysuru Junction (Mysore) and Udaipur City.
3. Connects 30 parliamentary constituencies (14 of which are in Karnataka).
4. Magnificent train with fully 3rd AC coaches world-class features.
5. Connects 5 states in Western India and opens up new vistas in tourism.