Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for AK-47 rifles manufacturing unit at Amethi of Uttar Pradesh. On the occasion of laying foundation stone PM thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin for making the venture possible in such a short time. The message of the Russian President Vladimir Putin read out by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on the occasion.
1. At Amethi Manufacturing facility, world-famous Kalashnikov assault rifles of the newest 200 series would be manufactured.
2. The rifles will be manufactures at Amethi as a joint venture between India and Russia.
3. This unit envisions full localization of production over a period of time.
4. The agreement for the joint venture was reached during the visit of President Putin to India last October.
5. This new Kalashnikov assault rifles will fulfill the needs of national security agencies in this category of small arms, resting upon advanced Russian technologies.
6. The agreement for the joint venture was reached during the visit of President Putin to India last October.
7. The rifle manufacturing unit at Amethi symbolizes the military and technical cooperation between India and Russia which has been the key areas of the strategic partnership between Russia and India.