Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 15, 2018, addressed the country on the occasion of the 72nd Independence Day at Red Fort, Delhi. PM Modi highlighted the overall achievements during the past year, important social issues and also drew attention on further developments in the country.
The demand to give constitutional status to the OBC commission had been raised for years. This year during the Monsoon Parliament Session 2018, the parliament accorded the constitutional status to the OBC commission in an effort to protect the interests of backward classes.
1. The last village in the North East has been electrified.
2. Our youths from the North East are establishing BPO in their areas.
3. Developments in highways, railways, airways, waterways and information ways (I-ways) from the North East.
4. The North East region has turned to be a hub of organic farming.
5. The North East region has turned to be a hub of organic farming.
6. There was a time when North East felt distant from Delhi but within last four years, we have succeeded to get Delhi to the threshold of North East.
7. Sports university is being set up in the North East.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the launch of world’s largest government-funded programme – ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyaan’. It will be launched on the birth anniversary of Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay on September 25, 2018. Under this scheme, any person can get relief from diseases by going to the good hospitals. The healthcare initiative will have a positive impact on 50 crore Indians under Ayushman Bharat.
Under the Ayushman Bharat, 10 crore families will be able to get health insurance benefits, it means nearly 50 crore citizens will be covered. Each family will get 5 lakh rupees health coverage annually.