RK Singh, Minister of State for Power, on May 29, 2018 launched the web portal and an app namely PRAAPTI that stands for ‘Payment ratification and analysis in power procurement for bringing transparency in invoicing of generators’. The portal ‘www.praapti.in’ has been launched for bringing transparency in payments to electricity generators.
1. PRAAPTI App and web portal have been developed to bring transparency in power purchase transactions between Generators and Discoms.
2. This will help the stakeholders in getting month-wise and legacy data on outstanding amounts of Discoms against power purchase.
3. PRAAPTI will also allow the consumers to evaluate financial performance of their Discoms in terms of payments being made to the generation companies.
4. The App and Web Portal will capture the Invoicing and payment data for various long term PPAs from the Generators.
5. The app will also allow users to know the details related to the payments made by the Discoms to the power generating companies and when they were made.
6. The app will allow people to know the tariffs at which the power was procured by the Discoms.