The Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare on 07 February 2019 launched a platform named PM Kisan, http://pmkisan.nic.in, under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) for uploading the details of the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMF).
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was announced in the Union Interim Budget 2019 by Finance Minister Piyush Goyal.
Guidelines for States for implementation of the scheme:-
1. The States will prepare a database of eligible beneficiary landholder farmer families in the villages capturing the Name, Age, Gender, Category (SC/ST), Aadhaar Number/ Driving Licence/Voters’ ID Card/ NREGA Job Card, Bank Account Number, IFSC Code.
2. States/UTs shall ensure that there is no duplication of the payment transferred to eligible families.
3. The selection of eligible small farmer families under the scheme will be undertaken by the State Governments.
4. Though the mobile number is not mandatory, it may be noted when available so that the information related to a transfer of benefit can be communicated.
5. The necessary details such as bank account details will be provided on the online portal so that the first installment of the benefits can be transferred to the eligible families.
6. Speedy settlement in case of wrong or incomplete bank details of the beneficiary should be ensured.