Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 19, 2018, launched the Ease of Doing Business grand challenge on resolving seven identified ease of doing business problems with the use of cutting-edge technologies.
1. The EODB grand challenge is open to all young Indians, start-ups and private enterprises. The main purpose is to provide solutions to complex problems using current technology.
2. The platform for the grand challenge will be the Start-up India portal.
3. The date for closing of applications is January 1, 2019, and the final results will be declared on February 1, 2019.
4. The top 3 teams for each problem statement would be awarded cash prizes worth Rs 1 lakh, Rs 2 lakh and Rs 3 lakh respectively.
5. The government would be working with all the winners for solution development and implementation.
The Prime Minister at a programme organised at his residence on November 19 interacted with select CEOs from Indian & foreign companies. The Prime Minister apprised CEOs of the efforts being made by the Union Government to ensure that India consistently improves its business environment. He then congratulated all the government officials from the reforming Ministries and Departments as well as states and municipal corporations for their achievements in the last 4 years and exhorted them to work towards reforms with greater zeal and energy.