Indian Railways on August 8, 2018, announced nine exam special trains to clear the extra rush on the eve of the first phase of the railways’ computer-based exam for loco pilots and technicians. A day earlier on August 7, the national transporter had announced three special trains-Patna-Indore-Patna, Danapur-Secunderabad and Darbhanga Secunderabad -for the exam. With the current announcement, the total number of trains announced for RRB exam 2018 went up to 11.
1. Two trains would be running between Bihar’s Muzaffarpur city and Secunderabad in Telangana.
2. Special trains would be running between Muzaffarpur-Bhubaneshwar, Darbhanga-Bhubaneshwar, Barauni-Sikandarabad, and Danapur-Sikandarabad.
3. Nearly 48 lakh candidates will appear for the first set of the computer-based tests for 66,502 vacancies of assistant loco-pilots (ALP) and technicians.
4. A day after this announcement, the railways said that two more trains would run between Bihar’s Muzaffarpur city and Secunderabad in Telangana.
5. The exams will be conducted in a phased manner till August 31. The next set of exams is on August 10, followed by exams on August 13, 14, 17, 20, 21, 29, 30 and 31.
The 05289 Muzaffarpur-Secunderabad special train has departed from Muzaffarpur and will arrive at Secunderabad at 1 pm on August 10. The train between Muzaffarpur and Bhubaneshwar will depart on August 10 at 5.25 pm and reach Bhubaneshwar at 6.30 pm the next day. The return 05290 Secunderabad-Muzaffarpur train will depart Secunderabad at 9 pm on August 10 and arrive at Muzaffarpur at 2 am on August 12. The train between Barauni and Sikandarabad will depart at 7.05 am on August 10 and reach it’s destination the next day at 11.00 pm.