The second anniversary of the surgical strike will be commemorated by the Indian Army as the Parakram Parv or the Surgical Strike Day during September 29 – 30, 2018 to showcase the gallant action of brave Army in the conduct of Surgical Strikes on September 29, 2016. The Day will also be marked to remember the sacrifice of soldiers during the ‘Uri incident’.
1. Various events will be held at important military stations to commemorate the second anniversary of Surgical Strikes.
2. School children are also being encouraged to do letter writing and participate in card or poster making competitions in honour of valiant soldiers.
3. An exhibition will be held to showcase the valour of armed forces; display of ships, submarines, aircraft, arms, equipment models; playing of video clippings on the surgical strike and naval videos and establishing of digital /selfie walls.
4. The multifarious event is planned by the Navy to be held at Mumbai and Goa over a period of two days in the Western Naval Command.
5. In addition, ships will be open to visitors and even school and NCC children visits to ships, submarine, air stations are being planned.
6. The venue for the exhibition of various stalls and video walls is at ballard pier/cruiser wharf in naval dockyard. The entry to cruiser wharf will be through tiger gate.