The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development organized the 2nd meeting of National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under POSHAN Abhiyaan on July 24, 2018, in New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog, Rajiv Kumar.
1. During the meeting, the National Council approved the inclusion of 32 new districts under POSHAN Abhiyaan in the current year.
– It will also provide full coverage to those states, where up to 5 districts had been left.
– The move will saturate all the districts of the Union Territories that had been left out under Phase-I and Phase-II.
– This will facilitate saturation of 8 new States/UTs and take the total number of states and union territories covered under POSHAN Abhiyaan to 23.
2. The WCD Ministry has also developed a caller tune and ringtone to popularise and create a connect with the Abhiyan’s goal of Sahi Poshan Desh Roshan.
3. Further, in-principle approval of the guidelines for construction of Anganwadi centers in urban areas/slums under Anganwadi services were also given during the meeting.
4. The Ministry released the caller tune and ringtone during the meeting.