Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, Uma Bharti, on April 30, 2018 launched the GOBAR – DHAN (Galvanising Organic Bio-Agro Resources Fund) Scheme at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) Auditorium, Karnal. The launch was attended by sarpanches from the project villages, implementing agencies, officers from 14 states and district officers.
On the same occasion, the guidelines of GOBAR-DHAN scheme were also launched, detailing about the implementation arrangements, financing provisions and roles and responsibilities of the Centre, State governments, districts and other stakeholders involved in implementation of the scheme.
Key Highlights For GOBAR-DHAN Scheme:-
1. Under GOBAR-DHAN scheme, solid waste of dung and fields will be changed into compost and fuels such as biogas and bio-CNG.
2. Under the scheme, farmers will be able to make use of easily available Compost fertilizer for their farm lands.
3. The cooking gas will be provided to the rural habitations with optimum technical support to ensure that the schemes functions on a sustainable basis.
4. The government has selected over 115 districts for implementation of the scheme.
5. As part of the scheme, people will be educated about the utilisation of cattle dung for converting it into more valuable fuel, biogas and manure.